Friday, May 1, 2009

Live for Today

We've received our first Global Love "Thoughts on Love" blog entry from Sheri Lynn Gleason of Beverly, Massachusetts. She's titled it "Live for Today." Thank you, Sheri!

Live for Today

My best friend is fighting colon cancer. If I have learned anything from helping her in her fight, it is that love is about living in the moment. I have always treasured our friendship. I am closer to her than I am to my own sisters. However, since she got sick, every moment has become even more precious. We are planning a trip to Ireland in December, but we are not thinking much further than that right now. We have faith that she will beat this, but until then we are celebrating each day as it comes.

It sounds cliche, but the saying is true: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called 'the present.' "

Sheri Lynn Gleason
Beverly, Massachusetts

(Send us your thoughts on love: outreach@mpt.org)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story Sheri. My best friend is like my sister too and I would do anything for her. It's important to have special people in your life that you can relate to and share your deepest thoughts with. The love between best friends or "sisters" is unbreakable.